Features: Home | Library |
A - Remmele Growth and
Appendix A - Remmele Growth and Event Chart
Appendix B - Remmele Mission
Our goal is to be the BEST company in our industry.
Who We Are
We are a company which specializes in high quality, difficult and complex work requiring innovative technologically advanced processes in the areas of: (1) contract fabricating, machining, and assembly; (2) designing and building of tooling; and (3) designing and building custom equipment for automating a variety of manufacturing processes.
Contract machining services are primarily directed toward high value-added machining of complex, close tolerance parts. These services encompass small lot non-repetitive machining, repetitive-batch machining, and high volume continuous-run machining. Customers for our services consist primarily of manufacturing industries throughout the world.
Why We Want To Be The Best
We want the satisfaction and pride of achievement associated with being important, highly skilled members of an organization that is constantly working toward being the BEST in its industry and, with our families to share the material rewards that this success brings.
When We Will Be The Best
To be the BEST in our industry, we will have a consistently growing number of loyal customers who recognize us as the leader in providing customer satisfaction. Our employees will demonstrate a high level of satisfaction with our company and their jobs. We will be recognized as a good corporate citizen by our employees and those people we impact in our communities, and our vendors will recognize us as an ethical and valuable customer. We will be at or among the top companies in our industry both in terms of sales and profitability, and we will maintain a record of consistent growth. As an aid in measuring our performance, we will compare ourselves annually to a select number of the top performing companies in our industry, and to the industry data available through our trade associations.
Appendix C - Remmele Strategic Policies
A. Guiding Principles
We at Remmele Engineering believe that conducting our business with the following principles in mind will ensure the accomplishment of our goals and provide job security for all.
Success in following these principles will result in an ever increasing number of satisfied customers, the retention and growth of our people, and increasing profitability to be shared with all employees.
B. Customer Satisfaction Policy
Meeting customer expectations results in customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction goes far beyond the products we manufacture and encompasses the total business relationship between our customers and all our people and activities within our company. Leadership in the marketplace can only be sustained by constantly meeting or exceeding the expectations of our customers and anticipating their future needs through continuous improvement of our products and services.
Consistent with our Guiding Principles, we will accomplish this through teamwork and employee involvement; by regularly investing in the best equipment, tools and systems available; and by investing in the ongoing training and development of our people to enable each of us to perform in a manner that meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers.
1) To better serve our customers we will utilize small (200 people or less) focused plants to ensure good communication, maximize the involvement and commitment of our people, and ensure responsiveness.
2) In the interest of enhancing the psychological ownership of our business by all employees we will continue to (1) involve people in the process of making decisions which affect them, (2) provide for decision making and problem solving at the most appropriate level, (3) encourage risk taking, and (4) empower employees with the freedom and authority to make the decisions necessary for effective job performance.
3) Emphasize communication at all levels within the company so all our people will understand (1) what is going on in the business, (2) the issues the company is facing, and (3) how they can help.
4) During times when sufficient work is not available, we will implement a series of responses to try to cause additional business to happen while simultaneously reducing working hours to match the available workload. Recognizing that our people are our most valuable resource, we view layoffs as the last resort to be undertaken only during a sustained severe business downturn when the survival of the company may be at stake.
1) We will continue to develop a supervisory team that successfully plans and leads in reaching objectives that benefit our company and all of those associated with it.
2) We will continue to encourage all members of the supervisory team through various forms of education, to increase their managerial skills, such as:
3) We will continue to encourage all members of the supervisory team to increase their technical skills through various forms of education; i.e., college courses, seminars, in-house training, etc. In addition, we must develop a structured program of continuous technical training for each managerial and technical field, i.e., design engineer, designer, project manager, plant manager, etc.
4) We will continue to manage with honesty, thoughtfulness, compassion, humility, courage, and enthusiasm. We will demand of ourselves, and encourage from those with whom we work, the highest standards of performance, emotional stability and maturity, consulting supervision and leadership.
5) Continuous improvement of quality and productivity are an integral part of our management philosophy.
E. Community and Industry
1) We will support worthwhile community projects by:
2) We will encourage our people to support community activities by:
3) Through our company communications system and, more importantly, through our actions, we will strive to be a good corporate citizen. Realizing that it is important to our long-range survival to be part of a vital, growing industry, we will:
4) We will protect the environment by acting in an environmentally responsible manner, conforming to environmental law, communicating this responsibility to the entire organization, and periodically auditing this conformance.
As a supplier to many companies much larger than ourselves, we must avoid dependence on any single industry or customer to avoid excessive risk and maintain our independence. To accomplish this we will apply the following guidelines:
1) Attempt to limit our sales to 15% of our total sales volume to any single customer or major corporate division and to 30% of our total sales volume to any single industry.
2) Attempt to limit sales of each plant within the guidelines of allocating no more than 30% of the available hours to a single customer or division of a major corporation.
1) Minimize short- and long-term borrowing by ensuring that our ratio of debt to equity does not exceed 25%. This policy coincides with the independence and freedom of choice that come from being financially secure. "The lender cannot dictate business decisions to us."
2) To ensure that we keep our productive equipment up-to-date we will invest each year an amount at least equal to our depreciation in new equipment.
Appendix D - Organizational Structure and Characteristics
1. Products and Services Our business consists of four basic business segments:
|Contract Machining & Fabrication Plant Missions|
|Low Quantity||Repetitive Batch Production||Continuous Run Production|
|Up to 75-Tons,
Up to 100-Feet
|Plant 40||Plant 40||Plant 40|
|Up to Ten-Tons,
Up to Ten-Feet,
Over Two-Foot Cube
|Plant 10||Plant 10||Plant 10|
|Two-Foot Cube to
|Plant 10||Plant 20||Plant 30|
|One-Inch Cube and Below||Plant 30||Plant 30||Plant 30|
|2. Organization Our
organizational structure is built around highly
autonomous business units which are focused on different
market segments, and which have developed capabilities to
meet the needs of each segment. These business units are
linked with the following centralized functions:
Important requirements and characteristics of this organizational structure are as follows:
Features: Home | Library |
Send email to
with questions or comments about this web site.